Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: 908-8A ??

  1. #1
    Hostboard Member Tranquil's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2005
    Posts
    69
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I recently purchased a couple of 908-8A drivers I am trying to find specs on the 908-8A and only come up with info on the 908-8B. Does anyone have a link to such info.
    Secondly, is the motor of the 908 and the 902 the same, I know the original diaphragms are different, is this the only difference between the two?

    As always I appreciate and respect the knowledge of the folks on this forum.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi , I found this not much info .

    http://www.lansingheritage.org/image...hort/page3.jpg

    I recently purchased a couple of 908-8A drivers I am trying to find specs
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner Russ Farrell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Tranquil:

    I have the "preliminary" spec sheets on the 908-8A and 908-8B. They are the same spec sheet with only the model number, print date & quantity, and spec sheet revision number changed. The 8B sheet even has the 8A photo. I recall that we were having problems with the rubber tire not fitting properly around small format drivers about that time. Possibly changes were made for a better fit, which would have triggered a model number revision.

    Russ

  4. #4
    Hostboard Member Tranquil's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2005
    Posts
    69
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I do appreciate all your informative replies. I now feel more confident in what I am trying to achieve.
    My goal is to upgrade the 908-8A's by installing new 34647 Aluminum or 26420 Pascalite diaphragms from Bill and have equally efficient drivers as the 902-8A/B for home use in my Mod.19 clones.

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Post

    The motors for the 902 and 908 are the same.

    The sonic differences between the 902-8A and the 902-8B are not there - they sound the same. There are a couple of physical differences, but they are minimal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.